Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the adventures of muss and dusty.

Wednesday Night Family Dinner as follows:

Mama O'Brien made stuffed shells and bruschetta. She ate soup. Don't ask. Cyndy forgot we had a family dinner and serenaded herself as she made easy mac, ate it alone and consoled her unemployed self with charlie rose and the other likely news suspects. 

I decided it was necessary to keep a written record of the more memorable things that were said. I also had to wrestle my notebook back from Dusty after he forgot that he got mad and stole it from me. He's only on his third bottle of wine.

Yes, I said bottle. He's a rather large man.*

Anyway. Highlights from the night:

Muss: Mandis kid is gonna come out of the womb with jazz hands.
Dusty: I wanna be there. I mean...
Mandi: YOU WANNA WATCH ME HAVE A BABY?
--
Muss: ET Scared the shit out of me.
Dusty: it made me hate the government; it made me a republican. 
--
Muss: (whisper) I've never seen star wars.
Dusty: kill yourself.
--
Dusty: you can't get a following being a prophet anumore. it has to be something with spaceships.

I really think I'm going to cry my eyes out when I have to move out of this apartment. Especially since I'm pretty sure my future serious grad student roommate won't come home at 2 AM, stumble into my room and threaten to light our fourth roommates clothes on fire in pursuit of a luxurious room. But that's a story for another time. 

*almost hagrid like, but the dominance of the giant gene is a controversial topic. like abortion, or unicorns.  

1 comment: